God’s Hope Foundation Uganda receives volunteers all year round. The maximum length is 12 months.
Volunteers will find opportunities to help in many different sectors in all areas. Education, Youth Development, Health Community economic Development, Agriculture, Water Sanitation, Gender Equality, teaching, sports and childcare.
Our volunteers will work with vulnerable children, women and elderly caretakers to meet the practical physical and emotional needs of these target groups.
Community Development volunteers will work with underprivileged children, SGBV women, Elders and other vulnerable groups from war zone countries such as Congo, Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia and south Sudan.
Our volunteers will conduct home and school based visits to meet the practical as well as psychosocial needs of our target groups.
Objectives of the programs:
- Participate in organizing recreational activities, and retreats for children.
- Provide training to individuals in basic life skills, reproductive health, early pregnancy and relationship.
- Identify ways for fundraising for the programs and to link the organization to international partners.
- Promote the organization by means of articles, photos and other media sources.
- To improve the status and well-being of vulnerable children through support and care in order for them to access essential needs such as education, clothes, food and medical care.
- To provide counseling and recreational activities for vulnerable children.
- To provide home and school visits for HIV-positive individuals and other vulnerable households in order to monitor clients progress.
- To raise awareness to vulnerable individuals regarding issues of reproductive health, human rights, life skills, and behavioral changes. Volunteers’ tasks:
- Provide psychosocial support to HIV-affected households, underprivileged children and other vulnerable populations.
- Provide school and home-based counseling.
- Educate in nutrition, hygiene, sanitation, and other life skills.
- Prepare workshops and presentations focusing on health, rights, drug and substance abuse, and other issues affecting the communities.
- Conduct administrative work relating to organization development and programming
Volunteer with us Today by filling the following form.